Saturday, December 7, 2013

Can I brag on my Lord?

Just wanted to brag on God for a little bit. After black friday and buying Christmas gifts for people, I was running low on cash... and I still had a list of people I wanted to buy Christmas gifts for. But as I was budgeting everything out, I also realized I didn't have enough gas money to go to church on Sunday. (I go to church about 35 minutes away.) It was going to be my last Sunday at church for the semester before I went home for Christmas break. I also was wondering how I was going to get home next week since it takes a full tank of gas to get to Clarksville. I knew I could ask my mom for money, but I didn't really want to. So then the Holy Spirit reminds me, "Alexa...Why don't you ask me first instead... like you're supposed to?" Duh. So I prayed, and I said I wasn't going to worry about it, and I know some kind of money is going to show up before church on Sunday. And I left it at that. A few days later we had our annual cheer Christmas party, where we do the secret santa thing and get each other cute little gifts. When I opened my gift I pulled out a cute scarf, some candy, a silly picture frame, and right there at the bottom of the bag was a card. A gas card. I got so excited that I yelled out "Ah! thank you!! I prayed for this!!" As everyone laughed and we moved on to the next gift, I couldn't help but smile and thank God. It might sound silly to some, but it was such a blessing to me, not only to get the gas card, but to be able to make it to church, and home without asking for money, and being able to get everyone Christmas gifts, but it was a blessing because it reminded me that God's always got me. Even in the small stuff. And not only did He just provide a little money, or just enough money, He provided more than I could ask or think. Trust Him...He will reward your obedience.




post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment